zondag 25 oktober 2009

Natural Redheads


Natural redhead Joep posing au naturel :)

At the moment I am busy with a lot of photoshoots with natural redheads, as I am doing a 3rd (and final?) study of making portraits of people with ginger hair. Check MeRy.nl/rood, for more info about this art project.

It started with helping out painter and organisor Bart Rouwenhorst with his Redheadday in 2007, as I did some promotional/publicity shots and I worked on the project Red-On-Red, during the Roodharigendag (Redheadday). Red-On-Red portraits are also available as a photobook.

In 2008 my husband and fellow photographer Hans van Nunen of our studio Artstudio23 Artstudio23 in Breda, the Netherlands, worked with me on the project Medusa, which also available as a book. As Blurb is shipping worldwide, I reckon these books make an excellent and affordable Christmas gifts :)

This year I was too busy to work during the Redheadday, so at the moment I have people coming to the studio. It actually works 10 times better, more relaxed and faster. Yes, I did 100 women in 2 hours in 2007, but...at this moment we can chat a bit more model-to-photographer and we have less stressed photoshoots than during the redheaddays. So it works for the best this way!

Results (again a photobook) will be available in spring 2010.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten