donderdag 6 december 2012

Mind/Empty/Ness

Perfect image, showing...me!
Mindfulness versus mind/empty/ness

People keep asking me if mindfulness isn't something I could 'use' as I am a very busy person, with a 'boiling, creative brain' (so it seems ;) I do recognize myself in this image. My mind is constantly thinking new ideas, images, projects. It never stops. But... I feel very good like this. Busy?? No, not to me. I understand people think I am, but it's more full of life, energetic, creative!

When people tell me something, my brain automaticly starts. Thinking, creating. A solution (to a problem someone has) or even "is this something I can use in a photo/art project??". This is the only annoying part of it, as my brain at that moment distracts me, and makes it hard for me to listen. It seems I am not interested in that person's story, as I need to mention my (new) thoughts and often interrupt the speaker to tell him/her.

But this isn't being unpolite, it's just my enthusiastic me, willing to help you. Staying focussed is hard for me, I could use some exercises for that. But...those well known focus exercises aren't what I need. 'Stare at a plant long enough to experience that plant' ... I'd rather make a photo! Of that plant!

I read "mindfulness is simply being aware of your present experience. Mindfulness is perception, awareness. These words mean integrity, being open. Perception is being able to notice. That's something different than 'paying attention' or 'focus' to a subject."

I am aware. That plant exercise is ... a paying attention/focus exercise, not an awareness exercise. My brain notices something while I listen to a person's story, and reacts. The rude interruption is an awareness, and not a non-interest. On the contrary! Look at the above image, it's really me.

I feel that I need to do, create, see a 1000 more things. One thing sooner that other, I'll be 110 years old before I am finished! I really hope to become that old, and still be part of the world.

Awareness exercises ... well, those I do: I take photographs!
The one thing I could need some exercise in is with trying to become less of a chatter. Be able to pick my words better, say what I mean in 1 minuut. But that's not mindfulness training that's more a speakers academy training. Well, with the new year not being that far away... let's start with that!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten