donderdag 13 augustus 2015

My Book Story

Book of fables - Snow White and more fairy tales - now a flight map holder
I recently noticed that our son (16) was using my old book of fables by the Grimm brothers and other fairy tale writers: it's now a 'map holder', so he can follow flight paths when playing Kerbal Space Program.

Seeing the big red book again immediately brought back memories of my youth. This once was my favorite book, especially the title story of Snow White, the first story in the book.

The book was given to me by my parents for my 6th birthday in 1977.

Illustrations of Snow White being kinda scary

Its illustrations being typical 70's style, and they kind of scared me. Not sugar sweet Disney style at all! The images are more like paintings and the faces look very different compared to modern children's books.

Also seeing the handwriting of my deceased mother ... wow, what an impression that book still makes!

I wanted to share my book story with all of you, and if you have a good story about a book you have, please share it by using the hashtag #mybookstory when telling us about it, thank you so much.


I am writing, I am reading and I sure love books!

#mybookstory

Cover Sneeuwwitje en de Zeven Dwergen - Lekturama Rotterdam

Worn from too much reading
Snow White and her Prince in the 70's

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten