maandag 12 november 2012

Auguste Rodin

Eindexamen expositie St. Joost - 1996

In 1996 I graduaded at the St. Joost Academy, fine art photographer I am ever since. Today is the 172nd birthday of the French artist Auguste Rodin (1840-1917) He was the very first modern sculptor. His statues were often bigger than life, as he needed to proof he wasn't cheating. But in his former atelier (now museum) you can also take a look at very small statues. I just love his work since I saw his 'Danaïde' ♥ The marble seems almost alive, and the subjects (often beautiful women) are gordeous.
The Kiss - Auguste Rodin [Polaroid]

I made two series as my graduation assignment, one was 'Statue', a series of 5 photos, hand printed on baryth paper 60x90 cm. (see top photo, the blue wall shows my work) As a study I made this gordeous photo of Lian, with Kodak Highspeed Infrared film:
Lian - like a Rodin statue
I hope I can go back to Musée Rodin this very next weekend, as we are organising a photowalk in Paris! If you'd like to join us: we're gathering at the steps of the Sacré Coeur at 1.30-2 PM on Saturday 17 November 2012, then walk untill 5 PM. Optional: 'how to photograph the Eiffel tower by night' 5-6 PM. 35 euro p.p. including Eiffeltower by night workshop, please pay cash on the spot. You can also sign up via Facebook.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten