dinsdag 5 februari 2013

25 Photography Quotes


"You don't take a photograph, you make it."
- Ansel Adams

"If your photographs aren't good enough, you're not close enough."
- Robert Capa

"Be daring, be different, be impractical, be anything that will assert integrity of purpose and imaginative vision against the play-it-safers, the creatures of the commonplace, the slaves of the ordinary."
Peter Lindbergh

"The important thing is not the camera but the eye."
Alfred Eisenstaed

"There are two people in every photograph: the photographer and the viewer"
– Ansel Adams

"To me, photography is the simultaneous recognition, in a fraction of a second, of the significance of an event as well as of a precise organization of forms that give that event its proper expression."
Henri Cartier-Bresson

"All photos are accurate. None of them is the truth."
Richard Avedon

"A lot of photographers think that if they buy a better camera they'll be able to take better photographs. A better camera won't do a thing for you if you don't have anything in your head or in your heart."
- Arnold Newman

My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person."
- Andy Warhol

"If I knew how to take a good photograph, I'd do it every time."
- Robert Doisneau

"People say photographs don't lie, mine do."
- David LaChapelle

"The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it."
– Ansel Adams

"It can be a trap of the photographer to think that his or her best pictures were the ones that were hardest to get."
Timothy Allen

"Twelve significant photographs in any one year is a good crop."
– Ansel Adams

"I always thought good photos were like good jokes. If you have to explain it, it just isn't that good."
– Anonymous

"If I saw something in my viewfinder that looked familiar to me, I would do something to shake it up."
Garry Winogrand

"A portrait is not made in the camera but on either side of it."
Edward Steichen

"Which of my photographs is my favorite? The one I'm going to take tomorrow."
Imogen Cunningham

"Nothing happens when you sit at home. I always make it a point to carry a camera with me at all times…I just shoot at what interests me at that moment."
Elliott Erwitt

"Beauty can be seen in all things, seeing and composing the beauty is what separates the snapshot from the photograph."
– Matt Hardy

"Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst."
– Henri Cartier-Bresson

"I am not interested in rules or conventions. Photography is not a sport."
- Bill Brandt

"Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk."
- Edward Weston

"The best camera is the one that's with you."
- Chase Jarvis

"If I could tell the story in words, I wouldn't need to lug around a camera."
- Lewis Hine

 - ginger twins - Redheadday 2011, Breda - photographer: Melanie Rijkers

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten