maandag 4 maart 2013

Working Girl!

Opening of Miss Selfridge, 1993-1994, The Working Girls
The first events I covered as photographer were the opening days op the new Miss Selfridge stores in the Netherlands. I was working as a sales woman in the Breda store, parttime, as I was studying at the Academy of Arts to become a professional photographer, when they asked me to cover the events.

I was paid the high amount (NOT ;) of 150 guilders, approx. $ 70,- which at that time seemed an awful lot of money. But do consider this; I had to buy film, process it and order prints too...so I don't think I made real money. But it was fun! Big fun! (and big hair LOL ;)

The drag-queen group The Working Girls always performed at the openings and is alive and kicking still! I love 'em! When dropping these Polaroids at their fanpage I read a note saying '20 years in the business, congrats!' which made me realise I am an event photographer for 20 years as well!!
Hooray! And still going strong!

To celebrate this fantastic fact we dropped down the price of a full day package, including all files HR from $ 1500,- to $ 500,- when booking your date before 1 Ausgust 2013. Package includes: 5-6 hours of photography between 9AM-7PM including all files send via Wetransfer.

This is a fab occasion to book a professional photographer to your wedding, event or other happy (or sad) day. It's indeed possible to book a wedding date 7 September 2013 and pay $ 500,- as long as it's booked and pre-paid before 1 August 2013. Check for dates and possibilities via info@artstudio23.com or like us on Facebook or Twitter and send a pb.


San Francisco Music Tech Summit, oktober 2012


Chek out more of my recent work on Google+.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten